RRB Assistant Station Masters [ ASM ] Job Profile Salary Per Month Work Timings Promotion And Must Know Things : Dear job aspirants, there’s no dearth of opportunities in Indian Railways because Indian Railways in one of the largest recruitment sectors in India. Here is Must Know Things about Assistant Station Masters Job. To get a good job in Railways, you need to keep your eyes and ears on the upcoming official notifications and start preparing for the recruitment accordingly. Every year, Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) releases a number of job vacancies for Group D posts Loco pilots assistant station masters constables sub-inspectors etc.
RRB Assistant Station Masters [ ASM ] Job Profile Salary Per Month Work Timings Promotion And Must Know Things
Have you ever seen the railway official wearing white clothes, and waving the red/green flags at the station? Ever wondered who they are and how they got recruited? Well, these are the station masters / assistant station masters. They are recruited by the RRB authority, which conducts exams in three stages – Prelim Exam, Main Exam and Interview. This year, RRB has released approximately 50,000 posts for Assistant Station Masters. Online applications have already shut and the exam date is yet to be announced on the official website. Let’s understand the job profile pay scale career path for ASMs.
RRB ASM [ Assistant Station Masters ] Job Profile
An Assistant Station Master is responsible for:
- Ensuring that trains are running smoothly on all the stations assigned to him/her
- Operating that signals that ensures that everything is done in they way they are meant to be
- Following all the rules and regulations as per the rule book
- Raising red / green flags as per the train movement
- Inspecting any faults and rectifying them immediately
RRB ASM Work Timings:
- There’s no 9-5 job as other government jobs do. ASM has to work in shifts.
- If it’s a small station, then there’s only one ASM and if it’s a big station with many terminals, then there are many ASMs. They have to work in rotating shifts.
Railways ASM Career Path and Promotion
If you get through the recruitment process of ASM exam, you will start your career as an ASM and climb up the ladder depending on your job experience and performance:
- Assistant Station Master
- Station Master
- Station Superintendent
- Assistant Operations Manager
- Divisional Operations Manager
- An ASM can be promoted to the post of Station Master after a minimum service of 3 years. But since these promotions are based on vacancies, they become very untimely.
- If an employee is not promoted for more than 10 years, the Railways advances the grade pay of that employee with arrears up to the current date
Railways ASM Salary Per Month
|i.||Pay Scale||5,200 – 20,200|
|Iv.||Total Pay (i + ii)||11,360|
- DA on total pay
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent allowance or a Railway Quarter
- Group Mediclaim
- Provident Fund
Skills required to qualify for ASM Post
A candidate should be good have arithmetic ability, should have knowledge on Science (General), should be able to solve General Intelligence questions, and a good general knowledge.
Typing Test – Candidates are required to type 300 words at a minimum speed of 30 w.p.m in English or at 25 w.p.m in Hindi within 10 minutes.
- Candidates who are physically disabled can get an exemption from typing test, if they have cleared all the other tests before typing tests.
- Hope this information have helped you to decide your career move.
Wishing you all the good luck!
Mithila Kotibhaskar is a Digital Marketing Executive working at Testbook.com. Though a Computer Engineer by qualification, her passion flows through various Digital Marketing verticals – Content Writing, SEO, and Google Adwords, to name a few. Being always curious to learn new things, she tries to chase perfection in everything she attempts. Creating singing videos on YouTube channel and playing musical instruments like harmonium and musical keyboard is her favorite pastime. Being a health freak, she is addicted to Zumba classes.